Cali Girl in NYC

I've lived in California for 24 years, and decided to move clear across the country for law school. this will be where all can come to laugh at me as i die in the humidity and freeze in the snow as my california body adjusts to life in new york city...through this blog, i hope to have everyone else suffer just a little with me as i make my way through law school

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Good Day So Far....

so, i woke up today to the knocking/buzzing of my door"bell" at nine am. which shouldve been fine since i planned to get up at that hour. however, at nine am, i was not ready to get up, so i ignored it. (it turned out to be an exterminator, i found out later. oops). ah well.
so, instead of getting up and going to the gym like i planned, i lazed around in bed for a while, tehn i did some dishes and made my bed. and then justin and joyce (mom #2) came to visit! they got to see my apartment, and they both said how nice it was, which is always good to hear! =) then we walked down the promenade and went to lunch at this restaurant i like (thanks, doug!!). i chose this restaurant for a couple reasons. first of all, ive been there a few times, and ive only been unimpressed once. two, they have AMAZING soup, which was good, because that's all justin can eat after his surgery. so, we had a nice lunch there, and then we walked down to my school. i brought them inside so we could all use the bathroom, adn i figured, since i was there, i should run (i mean, take the elevator) on up to the seventh floor and pick up my memo that is 35% of my grade. i was nervous about it, and i refused to open it in front of joyce and justin. i felt okay about the paper, but my grade is not only based on MY work. there are sixteen of us in the class, and we are all COMPETING for the grade. so, essentially, my grade is based on how everyone else did, and that makes me nervous. soo...im walking down the street, i leave justin and joyce at the subway and i rip into the envelope containing my paper and....I GOT A B+!!!! yeah!!!!!!! this is good news. i didnt expect an A, in fact, it was not guaranteed thtat anyone would GET an A, so i feel like my grade is one of the higher ones in the class. so, im stoked.
now...tonight. i go to school and get to pick up....my next assignment for my next memo. which is FIFTY PERCENT of my grade. lord help me....but at least now i can go into it knowing that i have SOME clue as to what im doing! yeah!!!

4 Comments:

At 7:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so proud! My daughter, the lawyer!

 
At 8:11 PM, Blogger Summer said...

nice!! man i can only hope i get so lucky (not that it was luck, persay (sp?)) on my ginormous papers...

 
At 2:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You so rock. Keep on rockin. Hey, sup with fargo?

 
At 9:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! Poor Justin! I remember the whole jaw surgery thing. Man, he looks better than I did on day 3 though! Remember how skinny I got? i think i was down to 105 pounds and was totally bruised all over my face and neck. They're only giving him motrin though??? I was on liquid morphine. Sucks for him. Do you know which jaw he had surgery one? or was it both? I had both, plus they took a piece out of my chin and moved it.
Funny thing is, as ugle as i was at that time, that's when I met Tim. :) That's why I always say he loved me even when i was ugly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home