Cali Girl in NYC

I've lived in California for 24 years, and decided to move clear across the country for law school. this will be where all can come to laugh at me as i die in the humidity and freeze in the snow as my california body adjusts to life in new york city...through this blog, i hope to have everyone else suffer just a little with me as i make my way through law school

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

im back!!

yeah! my computer is working again! except for the $40 fee, yeah for dell technicians!!! (i really should look into the possibility of re-newing my warranty...stupid contracts!)
so, basically, what happened was windows decided that it wanted to either a) be corrupt, or b) not be part of my computer anymore. well fine. i took it to the IT guys at school, who said they didnt know IF they could fix it. greeatt...i called the next day to check on it, and they said that they needed the windows re-installation disk that came with the computer. uuuh....huh? yeah, i definitely dont have that. either its back in california, or thrown away, i dont have it. so, i did what anyone would do--i started madly calling every single person i go to law school with to see if they have the disk (you know, it didnt occur to me until later that mr. justin haines most likely has the disk...ah well.). my wonderful perfect GLORIOUS hero friend matt had the re-installation disk! score!!!!!!! so, he didnt get home from work until late, so i went back down to school (i really should clarify here that school is a good 12 minute walk away. and its getting DAMN cold out here to be doing this multiple times a day!!) and got my computer back adn told them that i would just fix it myself. so, i spent almost FIVE HOURS on the phone with Dell saturdya morning (i got a lot of reading done though, because it was mainly just me and the technician sitting silently on the phone eating away at my precious verizon minutes!). but, in the end, it all came together. windows works, NONE of my information was erased (thank god!) and i get to go on the internet again!! seriously, this is how sad my life became: i couldnt remember what i used to do when i didnt have a computer....depressing.

so, after the elation of getting my computer working again (i am still wanting to sit here and hug my computer) i was ready to go out on the town! the guys i was meeting (jj. ian, and chris lacocoa--i dont know if that is how you actually spell his name, but thats how it sounds. and its fun to say. go ahead. say it. lacocoa.) werent going to be available until after midnight. and i was trying to think of SOMETHING to do until then. but wait! i remembered! my new-ish friend casey lives down stairs, and hes home until later! so, i invited him up and we talked and had a few drinks and had super troopers on in the back ground. then we headed out. now, i dont know if ive mentioned it before, but the subway system SUCKS on the weekends. especially late at night. and, like always, casey and i got to the station JUST as the damn F train was leaving the station. so, to pass the time, we decided to perfect the high/low five.
for those of you who dont know (because you're just not this cool) the high/low five goes something like this: you're walking. you see someone you know (it really is best to be passing on the right if you are right-handed). you raise your hand, and as you pass, you high-five. but then you immediately swing your arm down to do a low-five behind you. its awesome. we ROCKED it. although, casey is a wee bit taller than me ( like a lot) and his hands are slightly bigger, and so a lot of the time, our low-fives turned into him slapping my wrist and missing my hand. i swear to god that my wrist was swollen when we were done.

so, we get off at our stop and i have like three missed calls from the guys i was supposed to be meeting...apparently i was late. oops. so, i said bye to casey who had his own fun that night and i hopped in a cab...with a cabbie who i am pretty sure was a phone sex operator. now, he wasnt speaking english, so i cant attest to what he was actually saying, but there was something in the rhthym (i so spelled that wrong) of his voice and the tone...ick. i dont know.

after i threw myself out of the cab and far far away from the cabbie, i met up with the guys at lit. dancing dancing dancing! i literally think i gave myself whiplash that night. my neck has been in serious pain ever since. but, i have to say, i did a DAMN FINE rendition of jesse's girl. i even got up on a bench to perform it. acted it out and everything. that is how good that song is. "i wish that i had jesse's girl!!!" yeah, you cant see/hear me, but im singing it out loud right now.

now, i must head off to bed. i spent the evening (after class) doing most of my reading for tomorrow because.....my second mom is coming to see me!! well, she's actually here for justin who had surgery (ew ew ow ew), but they are being nice and trekking on down to the heights to see my wonderful and beautiful apartment and then go to lunch. (by the way, within the next couple of weeks, i plan on posting some pictures of what my apartment looks like furnished! the last pictures i posted when i first moved in really didnt do it justice...)

werd to yo mutha.

2 Comments:

At 9:47 AM, Blogger Summer said...

yay for second moms!

 
At 2:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love you too, sum.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home