Cali Girl in NYC

I've lived in California for 24 years, and decided to move clear across the country for law school. this will be where all can come to laugh at me as i die in the humidity and freeze in the snow as my california body adjusts to life in new york city...through this blog, i hope to have everyone else suffer just a little with me as i make my way through law school

Thursday, June 12, 2008

i dyed my hair

it's dark. too dark. much darker than i intended. i no longer look good in black. sigh.

i woke up to the smell of rotting food. apparently, i guess i forgot to wash the pot i cooked my artichoke in (it may have choked arty, but it aint gonna choke me!! wow im a loser...), and my apartment got hot enough last night to continue warming the water (the water also had some olive oil and garlic in it). i have since washed the pot, but my apartment still smells.

my job (almost two weeks in) is good. im working for the union. yesterday i participated in a press release for OTB (off-track betting...yeah, i didnt know either). apparently the state or someone is trying to get rid of 1500 jobs on monday, so the union was holding a perss conference to say why that's bad. so, in the picture, on the upper right-hand side there is a woman in a white button down shirt, black blazer and a hat. i am over her right shoulder (i.e., above and left of her), arent teh shirts attractive? at it was unbelievably hot. and we were out there for over 40 minutes.

school is good. im taking religion and the constitution. its interesting--taught by two federal judges who have opposing view points for the most part so they debate. then, a lot of us in the class have opposing viewpoints so WE debate. good times.

i had my best semester yet this past spring (all my grades were high as opposed to a few high adn a few not-so-high).

and now i have to get ready for work.

i promise to try and post more often.
and more interestingly.
AND, if youre lucky, and i feel so inclined, ill get a picture of my new dark hair (i MISS my lighter hair!! waaahhh!!!!!) and post it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home