Cali Girl in NYC

I've lived in California for 24 years, and decided to move clear across the country for law school. this will be where all can come to laugh at me as i die in the humidity and freeze in the snow as my california body adjusts to life in new york city...through this blog, i hope to have everyone else suffer just a little with me as i make my way through law school

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

it's AMAZING how much it matters...

so, i need to get a transcript from ucsc for this interview thing i have on friday. i called the registrar's office, and didnt even realize that i was at all tense until the woman there picked up, and started talking to me nicely and joking with me, and i literally felt my body relax. then, she transferred me to another person at the school who was JUST as friendly and helpful as the first woman.

and i realized something.

being nice goes a loooong way. and i really have been lacking that here in new york. i mean, im sure youve all heard me rant about how rude the majority of people are out here. i mean, there really is no such thing as "customer service" at ALL. and its depressing. and lately, even when a cashiere says "hello" to me i feel better about my transaction.

but it wasnt until just now that i experienced ACTUAL customer service that i remembered how it once was. that makes me sad about new york....and miss santa cruz....aw...

1 Comments:

At 2:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Santa cruz misses YOU! (AND Los Gatos, and San Jose, and Mom....just about everyone!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home