Cali Girl in NYC

I've lived in California for 24 years, and decided to move clear across the country for law school. this will be where all can come to laugh at me as i die in the humidity and freeze in the snow as my california body adjusts to life in new york city...through this blog, i hope to have everyone else suffer just a little with me as i make my way through law school

Monday, November 20, 2006

east coast blues

so, i love new york. really i do. and i KNEW it was going to get cold. and i KNEW that i was going to have to walk home in the cold at night.

but, you know, you never can prepare yourself for the agonizing cold that has begun. and the worst part? it wasnt even that cold. (random note: blogger wont let me use apostrophes... odd. huh, i just figured out it wont let me use the arrows, either. WHAT is going on??)

anyway, as i was bitching. it wasnt even as cold as it is going to get. the sign i saw said it was 4o degrees. i think im going to die. no. seriously.

BUT! there is one great big positive!

i have been meaning to buy a pair of boots ever since we had our first day of semi-cold. this saturday, i finally got my lazy bum to DSW (it just wasnt the same without fargo there!!) to pick out a pair of boots (and sexy black heels, but that was just because theyre fun!). of course i first went to the clearance section. ugly. ugly. oh dear LORD those are hideous! ugly. ugly. too small. oooh! cute brown zip up heeled boots! oh, wait, "sensible" boots...crap. ugly. ugly. and on it went. so, i gave up and went into the regular area. i found a pair of boots (the brand is called "waterproof"! i think that is a good sign!) that were cuter than the rest and not *super* trendy. (come on, boots are going to be trendy no matter what). but, they didnt have my size! stupid people with their same size feet as me!

moving on...those arent hideous. they have my size. i guess ill hold on to them until i find something better...on and on i go becoming more and more depressed. until....!! the boots from before! again! this time in my size!! i put them on and my feet almost DIED of heat! score! and the best part is! theyre lined in faux fur, so theyre SUPER cozy!

anyways, the main point of the story is that i wore my new boots to school today. and as i was literally FREEZING my nose off on my way back from class, i could feel my little tosies sweating away down in those boots! yeah!!!!


by the way, a note for those who care (you know who you are!) i *REFUSE* to wear them with my pants tucked in. so be proud.

2 Comments:

At 10:00 AM, Blogger Summer said...

well i should hope so since doing so would result in the loss of many many friends

 
At 2:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

footwear covers a multitude of sorrows...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home