Cali Girl in NYC

I've lived in California for 24 years, and decided to move clear across the country for law school. this will be where all can come to laugh at me as i die in the humidity and freeze in the snow as my california body adjusts to life in new york city...through this blog, i hope to have everyone else suffer just a little with me as i make my way through law school

Sunday, November 26, 2006

stupid christmas shoppers...stupid "deals"...

so. summer sends me a message over the weekend talking about how she got all of the harry potter movies for $4 at target (AND that gg was on sale for $14!! if you havent bought it yet, GO! NOW! BUY IT! TARGET!!! RUN!). so, today, i decide to brave the crowds and go to target and buy me some movies!
lord help us all...
i get to the "mall" (a building wiht like three stores in it) and stop first at verizon to exchange my earpiece. i stand in one line for almost 5 minutes before im told, "if you want to exchange something, go to customer service." fine. i go to customer service. i stand there for a little over 5 minutes. and then im told "oh. you bought this WHEN? yeah, you have to go to the tech window so they can deal with it." fine. i go to the tech window. i stand there for almost FIFTEEN minutes. and then it took the idiot almost another ten to do an exchange for me. so. now im in an AWESOME mood.
i go to target.
imagine. hundreds of people. as far as the eye can see. all crammed in to target. no one being polite. people shoving and pushing to get their items. no one moving themselves, their carts, or their CHILDREN out of the way (i played chicked with at least two kids. yeah. they moved. thats right, bee-otches!). i get through the first floor quickly (toiletries, gym pants). then..i try to go upstairs. first. my damn cart wont attach itself to the escalator-thingy (yes, that is the technical term). then people get in the way and my cart makes it upstairs before me....resulting in a back-up of carts and dirty looks. bastards. so, i make my way all the way around the top floor before getting to THE MOST hectic/crazy/packed department: the electronic and entertainment section. great. so. i go looking for the afore-mentioned deals. i found gg, but i already have all of those. but, basically, nothing else was on a good sale! so, i didnt even get a single movie! all that for NUTHIN!!! ugh.

(update: i just spoke with sum. apparently, the harry potter deal she told me about was a friday morning thing only. ah well)

so, that was my day. how was yours?

1 Comments:

At 10:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

target.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home