Cali Girl in NYC

I've lived in California for 24 years, and decided to move clear across the country for law school. this will be where all can come to laugh at me as i die in the humidity and freeze in the snow as my california body adjusts to life in new york city...through this blog, i hope to have everyone else suffer just a little with me as i make my way through law school

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

best way to procrastinate

so, i turned in the huge horrible disgusting brief last week, and ever since, i have had NO desire to study. at all. and that aint good. especially since i need to a) buy a suit, b) write an opening statement for a criminal case, c) writing a cross-examination for said criminal case, and d) be able to succinctly and adequately present my case and obtain a space on the trial advocacy team.

but what am i ACTUALLY doing? well, i have my civ pro book open next to me, i have a notebook open next to me, and i have my trial ad book open next to me telling me how to write an effective opening statement. that said, i am watching sex and the city and playing sudoku (when im not blogging, of course). yeah, i suppose this is the best way to do well in law school....



ooh! so. im not sure how many of you out there knew me in high school or have heard the story since, but summer haines ruined my prom experience. no, thats being a bit harsh. SHE didnt ruin it....she just....well, she inflicted mike upon me. i suppose i could start blaming rick for that, that sounds better than having a perpetual grudge against my best friend....
anyway, prom in high school wasnt great. the dress i had gotten (super cheap on clearnace at nordstrom rack) i had tried on with a bra, but it was backless, so, sans bra, it had a VERY different look. so, to make up for it, i tried these stick-on "bra" things. i put them on wrong, and when i went to remove them to readjust, they came off, with about half my skin. it was, to put it super mildly, not pleasant.
then, my date was a guy that i didnt particularly care for, adn was a good inch shorter than me, and i wasnt even in heels (ooh, i wore converse, which was an AWESOME aspect of the night). he was irritating and i spent the majority of the night trying to avoid him.
then, since summer was there with her boyfriend, and her parents were SUPER overprotective (mine were, too, but in this instance, they never had the chance to veto or okay), and she was not allowed to stay in san francisco at the hotel. so, she had to go home. and, im still not entirely clear as to how it happened, but that also meant that i had to leave, too. from what i hear, the night at the hotel was quite an experience....*sigh*

BUT! thanks to law school, summer has a chance to make it up to me!! law school has this thing called a Barrister's Ball, which is, essentially, law school prom. AND! oddly enough, it is on the exact same weekend that summer will be out here in nyc! so, i have begged and pleaded and now, i am going to have the HOTTEST date at the ball....summer and i will turn heads.
im actually really looking forward to it....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home