Cali Girl in NYC

I've lived in California for 24 years, and decided to move clear across the country for law school. this will be where all can come to laugh at me as i die in the humidity and freeze in the snow as my california body adjusts to life in new york city...through this blog, i hope to have everyone else suffer just a little with me as i make my way through law school

Saturday, March 03, 2007

Relativity of Spring

i dont know if i said this lately: i love new york.
i cant help myself. im like a giddy little school girl in love. all wide-eyed and impressed...

so, my theory of spring relativity.

in california, we had cold days during winter, but for the most part it stayed in the fortys/fiftys. but we also had a lot more rain. the thing is, though, is that i hate the cold. i really truly do. so i was always really bitter during the "cold" months of the winter.

in new york...oh new york. our coldest day was something like four degrees (and, yes, i understand that this has been a SUPER mild winter. hurrah for global warming). anyways, 20 degree days, i have realized, are the worst. when it gets below 20, its all about the same, but 20-25 is just PAINFUL. so, whenever the forecast says the temp is going to be in the 30s, i get a little happy...and when it hits the fortys, well...last week when it said it was 43 degrees out, it was sunny, i walked out of the house in a tank top and light hoodie (thankfully i also brought a jacket and scarf with me, because i almost died the second i walked out the door). so, forty degree weather, while it is warmer and excites me, isnt as warm as i would like it to be.
in FIFTY degree weather, however...wow. its beautiful and sunny out, and i have my window open. its funny how different the air even smells between 50 and 20 degrees...

but, my point, is that if i were in california, i would be bitching about cold it is and how i couldnt wait for spring.
in new york, i am ECSTATIC that it is fifty degrees. and, now, it has made me *giddy* for when actual spring comes....


i do love new york.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home