Cali Girl in NYC

I've lived in California for 24 years, and decided to move clear across the country for law school. this will be where all can come to laugh at me as i die in the humidity and freeze in the snow as my california body adjusts to life in new york city...through this blog, i hope to have everyone else suffer just a little with me as i make my way through law school

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

it's good to know ive grown up so much over the last 25 years....

let me just begin by saying: my heart is still pounding. i can still feel the blood pulse heavily through my neck and wrists--no joke. im still kinda holding my breath. time for some slow, deep breathing....


holy crap. i mean come ON! im 25 freaking years old here!!!! what kind of crap is this?!

have you guessed what my issue is yet? oh come on now, there isn't much that freaks me out this bad.

breath....breath....


so, im sitting here, innocently watching mythbusters (snow episode) and doing laundry. a commercial comes on, and im not really listening, but i turn and look at the tv just as.....A MASSIVE FREAKING SHARK COMES BITING AT THE SCREEN! (wow, i can still vividly see the image. i really dont think i will be sleeping well tonight....mooooooom, can i come home and sleep in your bed???)
and what was my reaction to seeing a shark on tv, to JUMP like 12 feet in the air, simultaneously turning around, and SCREAMING, "JESUS CHRIST!!!" while groping at my heart.
i wouldve thought i would have been over this by now. although, i AM able to sleep on blue sheets now....however, still dont really like taking baths in bubbles, or swimming where i cant see the bottom of the pool/lake/ocean, etc.
oh, and the best part? while i was still sitting there with my back to the tv, unable to turn around to grab the remote to change the channel, i had to sit and listen to the ad for shark week (hurrah......) and the ad for "the most devestatingly disturbing shark attack in history" that features all kinds of screaming and splashing--basically, my ultimate nightmare.

i need a friggin cocktail....

2 Comments:

At 4:15 PM, Blogger J. Riley said...

I've never had a problem with sharks...until I watched a shark show on Discovery Channel. After that, I went to Brazil and was basically only thinking about the sharks in the water. Do NOT watch these shows.

 
At 5:47 PM, Blogger susannah said...

in all honesty, i dont think i would be physically able to watch one

 

Post a Comment

<< Home