Cali Girl in NYC

I've lived in California for 24 years, and decided to move clear across the country for law school. this will be where all can come to laugh at me as i die in the humidity and freeze in the snow as my california body adjusts to life in new york city...through this blog, i hope to have everyone else suffer just a little with me as i make my way through law school

Monday, July 16, 2007

i think i just threw up a little in my mouth....

so, im applying for my loans for school (yes, yes, i know, im LAGGING. shut up.). and im adding up how much total i am going to have to borrow, and i swear to god i almost just had a heart attack.
so, im sitting here adding, and im looking at the amount of digits, and, at my total i say "fifty-five hundred." no no no, not hundred, THOUSAND! holy EFF!!! i dont know if you have ever said, this is going to cost fifty-five thousand dollars and im gonna pay it, but it's a terrible feeling. supposedly, im told, im "investing in my future." bullshit. im investing in being in debt.


my heart is hurting...

2 Comments:

At 10:51 AM, Blogger Summer said...

thats just for this year?!

 
At 11:04 AM, Blogger susannah said...

yes. apparently everyone thought i was kidding when i said i was going to be at least $150000 in debt after school.


and people wonder why there arent more attorneys going into public interest. how are you supposed to take a job that only pays 50000/year when you have to pay off 150000, plus continue living?!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home