Cali Girl in NYC

I've lived in California for 24 years, and decided to move clear across the country for law school. this will be where all can come to laugh at me as i die in the humidity and freeze in the snow as my california body adjusts to life in new york city...through this blog, i hope to have everyone else suffer just a little with me as i make my way through law school

Monday, December 15, 2008

Hating lawyers, post 2.

"The majority’s rule would establish a legal principle that evidence of bias and prejudice would not be disqualifying unless it could surmount a fence that is horse high, pig tight and bull strong. In my view that is too much protection for a biased decisionmaker." -- Dissenting opinion in Association of National Advertisers v. FTC

Uhm...what is "pig tight"???

And why can't judges just use simple, plain, everyday terminology??

2 Comments:

At 2:01 AM, Blogger sally said...

Whatever pig tight means I like it.

 
At 2:03 AM, Blogger sally said...

Oh,I get it NOW, it means that a pig can't squirm out or under the fence. you know, they like to dig and root in the mud so they could make get under the fence. This is sort of like the bosom of abraham argument: so high you can't get over it, so low you can't get under it, so wide you can't get around..oh rocka my soul. amen.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home