Cali Girl in NYC

I've lived in California for 24 years, and decided to move clear across the country for law school. this will be where all can come to laugh at me as i die in the humidity and freeze in the snow as my california body adjusts to life in new york city...through this blog, i hope to have everyone else suffer just a little with me as i make my way through law school

Thursday, January 08, 2009

take THAT!

so.....you know how that "friend" refused to give me his notes for the days i missed in that class? so, i ran into a guy i know who graduated last year and he saw me carrying the book for that class and i was totally freaking out and he offered me HIS outline that he had gotten from someone else. 
now, normally, i really don't like using other peoples' outlines--i would rather make my own and do what i can. however, this outline was a...wait for it....MAZING. and then, another guy i know asked for one of my old outlines, and he offered his outline for this class in return. again, AMAZING outline. i basically relied on these two outlines during the final.
the final made me want to vomit. no joke. i didnt even ANSWER half of the first question. i mean, i didn't even address it or anything. just pretended like it wasn't there. ever since i took the exam, i have been PRAYING that i will get at LEAST a B-. 
I mean, in law school, a B- is really not a good grade, but i really wanted that B-. today i saw that the grades had been posted for that class and, again, i almost threw up a little. but, i figure its like a band-aid, just get it over with and see the grade. so i checked it.

i got a B+. 

and i literally started crying from shock. i can't believe i got a friggin B+ in a class that most people choose NOT to take because of how hard it is. 

holy crap....

2 Comments:

At 6:09 PM, Blogger Summer said...

wow. I can't say that I've ever been brought to tears by a good grade! And yay for people who don't suck ASS!

 
At 6:29 PM, Blogger Sally Ashton said...

Way to go, Su-1! Way to GO! I'm unspeakably proud, so I'll stop here.


(code work "restrums." What kind of accents says "rums" for "rooms?" I ask you)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home