Cali Girl in NYC

I've lived in California for 24 years, and decided to move clear across the country for law school. this will be where all can come to laugh at me as i die in the humidity and freeze in the snow as my california body adjusts to life in new york city...through this blog, i hope to have everyone else suffer just a little with me as i make my way through law school

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

5 years

this morning i went down to the WTC site. ive been trying to explain this to my friends who are from new york, but there is a definite sense of removal for me from being from california. i dont feel like i truly experienced the complete impact of the events--not that i would want to. but it seems like such an unbelievably horrible event for just this "small" area of people to experience.

anyway, i went down to the site this morning, and i got there about 940. the first tower fell at 959. so i had wanted to be sure to be there for it. here are pictures and a few notes i jotted down this morning and this evening (i have so many more pictures, and it was REALLY HARD to choose which ones to share on here!!):


the clouds reflected in the building


family members of those who died
this was a young police officer. i thought it was cool how i had him right in front of "remember"
freaking evangelists. this guy was out there ranting about the end of the world, and i walked away, and when i came back she was exorcising him or whatever...
the amish were there!


more family members



freak.


this bell was here for anyone to ring...actually, there were four different bells. it was a really neat idea

the tower lights from the brooklyn promenade by my house. they almost look like "lasers" hitting the sky like that

thats the brooklyn bridge . you can see the empire state building there kinda in the middle. it was lit up red white and blue...




6 Comments:

At 11:34 AM, Blogger Summer said...

wow some of those pics could be postcards!

 
At 12:48 AM, Blogger susannah said...

i know! i am an AWESOME photographer!

 
At 8:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SHARING THESE PICTURES. IT MEANT A LOT TO ME AND MANY OTHERS, I AM SURE. NANA

 
At 10:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So were the tower lights just for that day? That is really a great visual

DH

 
At 5:16 PM, Blogger J. Riley said...

I likee the last picture. The lights were on for a few days I guess, I saw them on about 4 days before 9/11...

 
At 12:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

my daughter ROCKS!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home